Friday, January 6, 2012

365 #1

Thanks to inspiration from Katrina and a kick in the butt from Erin, here's the start of my 365.

I'm in a job hunt these days.  I've been making contacts where I could.  Yesterday we informed a company that we're willing to relocate, which was a first for us.  I also found a few more positions in my industry that I'm well-qualified for that are local.  Today my task is to write cover letters and submit formal resumes for these positions.  I also swung by a local interpreting company to get a medical glossary from them.  I tested earlier this week, and failed simply for vocabulary.  The tester said that I was perfect when I knew the words, but there were too many I did not know.  So I have a bunch of things to study.

We did not make progress on the remodel yesterday - the girls' room remains 80% painted, needs the repair work to be sanded and textured.  We sold Christian's bed a few days ago.  Yesterday was just consumed with researching our possible new location.

Since I'm not at the office these days, I am cooking dinner every other week.  My goal is to use up all the frozen stuff so we can clean our freezers.  They're kinda gross.  So I went to Winco and picked up some resh fruit and a bottle of root beer.  Last night was cheeseburger casserole with homemade french fries.  Takes a while to cook french fries.  But they were the best fries I've ever made.  And with the root beer, our fast food dinner was complete.

Then it was evening.  I went to Art Literacy training and learned about Bev Doolittle, watercolor pencils, and camouflage painting.  The evening was intended to include some resume submissions.  I did not get that far - I found a book on the Kindle lending library and started reading.  It's rather silly, but worth the read to study the writing style.

No comments: