Sunday, January 15, 2012

365 #10 - Saturday, January 14

I am thankful that I have the discipline to relax today.  The week was a roller coaster, very busy, and there were too many things going on in my head.

I relaxed for a few hours in the morning, did a few loads of laundry, organized our song folders for a gig in the evening.  And then, at 5, Katrina and I left.  We went to a church building (turns out it was the wrong one) for my quartet to sing at a church function.  We got to the right building late, but it was okay, and we sang for about 25 minutes while the audience was eating.  It worked out well - we weren't too loud, they weren't too loud.  And then we went to Dairy Queen, where I had dinner and Katrina had a dessert.

A nice day.  Relaxing.  A little overdue.

Both of us are very much looking forward to the interview, and excited that soon we'll have some clarity on where to focus.  Right now we have to be laser-focused on 3 different job things, as well as keep our home and kids in shape.  It's not working out so well, but it will soon pass and we'll be back to our normally-harried selves.  The frantic selves will be put away until the next Big Thing comes, usually every 2-3 years.

No comments: