Saturday, January 21, 2012

365 #16 - Friday, January 19

Today I am thankful for people who will help and trust you and treat you with respect with no reason to do so.

This morning I went out with a realtor to look at houses in the area.  While we're driving around, I mention that I'm unemployed.  To her credit, the agent does not dump me on the side of the road.  We keep looking at houses.  While in the next house or 2, I get a call from the company I interviewed with on Thursday.  It was HR, informing me that a formal offer will be out to me later that afternoon.

I found 3 houses out of the 6 or 7 we saw that I like really well.  So that was encouraging - all of them would be great for our family.  Later in the afternoon, I did get a formal offer.  It is the first formal offer for employment I have received since April 1999.  It's not one I can accept just yet.  The terms aren't quite what I was hoping for.  But we'll start negotiations on Tuesday, and hopefully we can wrap it up one way or the other within a few days.

I see 5 plausible ways this works out:
1) awesome company #1 is able to negotiate the offer and we move to midstate NY
2) awesome company #1 is not able to negotiate the offer for NY, but makes something for me in OR
3) awesome company #1 is not able to negotiate the offer for NY or OR
4) awesome company #2 puts together a credible offer for OR and we stay
5) awesome company #2 does not put together a credible offer

So NY is still very possible, OR is still very possible (since I think that company #1 may be able to use me in OR, and company #2's spots are both in OR, and if both fall through, I'll keep looking locally).

The question marks keep getting answered.  We're hoping for resolution in the next week or so.

No comments: