Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Love Making Music

5 weeks ago, 3 friends from church agreed to join me in a men's a capella group.  We don't have a name yet, but we're making music.

My happiest times in life are either when I'm with my family or creating something.  Legos, writing, drama, and music are my creative loves.  What I love about music is that it's never done being created.  You create the music anew each time you sing it, if you're doing it right.  If you have stopped creating music, then all you have is notes.  When you finish a song, you should be ready to high-5 somebody, pray, or cry.  It should take you to those places.  It's a participatory sport. 

I am very blessed to have friends who feel the same way.  We sing because we love to sing.  We figure that the performance opportunities will come if we have music to offer.  The hour and a half that we sing each week is the highlight of my week.  We create, we joke, we bond.  And we make music.  

We're looking for another 2 men to join us - any takers?

No comments: