Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Here's to 4 years...

...of a President who actually cares about us.

That was my toast to Obama as my family raised our glasses of sparkling cider to toast his victory tonight. 

I hadn't put together my hopes in as essential a form until that moment.  I have never felt that Bush actually cared about me.  But Obama does.  He's been in my shoes, finding a way to pay for his own college, paying student loans, working a job while living in a small apartment.  Watching him with voters, he looks natural, like he does care and understand.  Watching him with his family, and how comfortable he and Michelle are together makes me all warm and fuzzy.  

This is a guy who loves his family, and is not used-car-salesman empathetic (like Bill Clinton was).  

I'm so thankful that I live in America.  Here's to hoping Dems can govern well.

1 comment:

Diane Gauthier said...

DITTO! It is a wonderful relief to feel proud to be an American.