Friday, February 21, 2014

February 21, 2014 - New records

A couple new records lately - 3 miles, 10% grade <10min 10="" 3="" 5="" 5miles="" 6="" 7:09="" a="" added="" ago="" and="" as="" at="" average="" back.="" baqd="" big="" but="" couple="" despite="" did="" done.="" fast="" fastest="" fat="" feels="" from="" get="" grade.="" had="" healed="" i="" injury="" is="" it="" kid="" knee="" know="" last="" ll="" lso="" m="" mile.="" mile="" miles="" month.="" mostly="" much="" muscle="" my="" nbsp="" normal="" not="" now="" of="" ome="" over="" p="" pounds="" pretty="" pull-ups="" s="" some="" the="" think="" today="" tonight.="" too="" ut="" ve="" weeks="" weird="" well.="" with="" y="" yesterday.="" yet="">
I took a day off the treadmill today and did some strength workout instead.  I laid down on the gym mat and did a leg lift and challenged the boys to do one.  "That's so eeeasssyyy!" yelled Jacob. Then he laid down and tried to do one.  Christian laid next to me as I pumped out my set of 15.  He had 3.

So the fitness stuff continues to go well.  I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get back on the AT as well.  I miss being in the woods.

It's been a week of catch-up at work.  Some weeks, I'm looking for new things to do.  This week, I was looking for things to close some items that have been out there for a while and accomplished some of them.

And that's about it - I've put a few more chapters of Romans in my notebook, and I expect to write about them tomorrow.  I've read some more of my latest non-fiction book, "Lies My Teacher Told Me".  It's ostensibly a book that intents to correct errors in high school American History textbooks.  But he spends far too much time complaining about the books instead of giving us good information about the stories.  Many of the things he talks about are also covered in Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States".  But some of them, particularly American Indian syncretism is now and fascinating.  More on that next week, probably.  It's not a quick read.  I have several other books waiting to be cracked right now.

Lastly, Libby bought Aria's Kindle.  So my 9 year-old spent 2 months of allowance to buy an ebook reader.  Last night, she went through her bedroom, gathered up all her change, and gave me $3.82 to buy the 4th book in a series she's reading.  She was really excited.  All I can do is smile.  Anothe reader in the family.  All we're waiting for now is for Jake to start reading for fun.  And then I can easily envision all 6 of us laying around different parts of the house reading on a Saturday.  Hilarious.  And so very much what I had hoped life would become as we all got older.

No comments: