Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back from Vacation!

Short post today. We left on August 12 and got back last night. On the way, we traveled 2800 miles in the motorhome, 200 miles in a rental car, hit 6 states, I don't know how many counties, 2 national monuments, 9 different camping/sleeping locations.

Significant stops: Trout Lake Washington, where my dad spent 4 years as a child; Montpelier, Idaho, where my dad worked for a summer as a young man and where my aunt still lives; Mountain Home, Utah, where my dad's family lived until he was 2; Park City, Utah, where we spent a week at a timeshare doing fun stuff around Salt Lake; Idaho Falls, Idaho, where my parents were married and close to a museum dedicated to a famous relative of mine (no, not this museum) is located; Craters of the Moon National Monument, where the whole clan had a blast and learned Pahoehoe and Aa lava types.

We have 1500 pictures to go through, several dozen pages to write, and other stuff to get ready for.

On the political side, thank goodness for Joe Biden! Good pick, Obama. Why McCain picks Sarah Palin, 1.5 yr governor of a population-poor state which relies on handouts from the federal government for 20% of its revenue (see page 3) who was previously a mayor of a town of 9,000 for VP is beyond me. Seems the Republicans don't care about experience after all.

No comments: