Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 8, 2014 - Life as a Guinea Pig

This morning, walking down a hallway at work, I had an epiphany: I am my own guinea pig.  I will cede cuteness to the actual pig from Guinea.  But I experiment upon myself quite a lot.

The last few months at work have been really stressful for a host of reasons.  I won't elaborate, I'll just say that we've all been extremely busy for a few months now.  When someone has too much going on, they respond in certain ways.  Some people get angry, some get more effective, some just shut down.  Over the last few months, I've been able to step outside myself and see how I react.

Can you see that little bit of white near the middle
of the frame?  It's all gone now!
It's been interesting to see how I worked, how much I accomplished, and how I felt as the pressure increased and then started to ease.  I'm mostly through the huge push of this, and can see a bit of relief coming soon.  And although I'd like to be more candid, thinking that a future employer might read this someday make me think that I probably shouldn't be quite so forthcoming on this topic.

In other news, Spring has arrived.  Our tulips are up, the very last of the snow melted this evening.  I captured it just before it disappeared for good.  I put up the trampoline over the weekend, and the kids have been on it every day since.  They've been riding their bikes, running through the woods, and jumping, even in the rain.  
Jacob in the air.  The black lump on the far side is Libby.

Tomorrow I'm headed into the city with Aria to see Wicked along with most of the rest of her 8th grade class.  Should be a ton of fun, I'm really excited.  Me, the guy who thought he might never see a show on Broadway, headed there for a middle school field trip.  Life hands us weird things sometimes.


No comments: