Thursday, May 30, 2013

#154 - Pool time - May 30, 2013

Cool thing: I was home from work and the neighbor girl who is Libby's age came over, as she normally does.  "Can we swim?" she says.  It was almost dinner time, and breaking up dinner didn't seem like a good idea, so we said, "After dinner, yes."  She smiled a huge smile.   "You're the best neighbor ever!" she said.  After dinner, we swam for about 2 hours, until it got dark.

Jacob now can swim.  I caught him doing the dog paddle in the shallow end a few nights ago.  Libby won't go down the slide without a life jacket on, but she swims in water over her head all the time, no problem at all.  The kids are all relaxed in the water.  We have rules in the pool - no squirting unless you want to be squirted, all squirting stays in the pool.  They play and swim and dive and have a lot of fun.  It's really excellent recreation, and a good investment.

I called around to find the part I needed for the van.  No luck with parts dealers, so I had to call the Toyota dealer.  The part wasn't too much more than I had seen online, and I was able to talk to somebody and make sure it was the right thing.  It should be at the dealer on Friday.  In the mean time, We're driving the other cars.  Good thing we have 3 of them.  I will pick up the maintenance manual this morning from the auto parts store, and I'll be in business.

A couple days ago, it wasn't very warm, but the kids wanted to swim.  It was Libby's first day back in the pool after losing her stitches.  She fell asleep, wrapped in her warm towel, as the sun cast shadows through the trees.


No comments: