Monday, July 15, 2013

#195 - "What are your plans today?" "Take a nap. " - July 14, 2013

Cool thing from the last 24: the campout was awesome! And then, magically, everyone disappeared.

I did not sleep well.  I never do in a tent any more, so when the sun came up, I have an excuse to get up and do something.  I set up for breakfast, and by 6:30, we had started cooking.  3 of the boys had never cooked pancakes before, so I taught them how to do it.  We had sausage and fried eggs, and the boys swam.  A couple of the boys wanted to roast marshmallows, and there were coals from the fire last night, so they restarted the fire and got it done.  It was a great time, and great to see the boys use their skills to accomplish things.  How awesome is it that these kids can now build a fire?  And I was part of teaching them how.


About 8:30, the rain came.  One boy had a birthday party to go to, another had a karate tournament, another had left about midnight because he was scared, and by 9:15, everyone was gone.  I had been able to clean up the breakfast stuff, and once they were gone, Katrina and I had a simple conversation.  She had had a friend over, and she had stayed until 4am.  I walked in, and she was on her computer.  She said, "What are your plans today?"  "Take a nap," I said.  "That sounds good.  A do-nothing day sounds nice."

And that's almost exactly what I did.  I was up puttering around until 1, took a nap, ate dinner, and slept.  It was actually a strange day.   I had expected it to be busy until 2 or so, but unexpectedly got some precious hours back.


No comments: