Friday, May 31, 2013

#155 - Guys working on cars - May 31, 2013

Cool thing from the last 24:
1) We had Aria's friend and Libby's friend, and all of our kids in the pool yesterday afternoon it hit 90.  Our house was a happening place.  That was awesome.  We always wanted our house to be the place our kids wanted to bring their friends to play.  And it is right now.
2) My brother's efforts to install a new set of speakers in his car coincided with my efforts to finish tearing apart the fuse box in my van to repair it.  It was the first time in life that I've worked on cars with my brother.

This is odd for us, because my dad was always fixing cars, and my brother has done his share of car repair, and I have done a little myself.  We've just lived in different states or different continents for most of our lives.    It was super-American for is to have 2 cars torn apart, asking each other for advice on how to get things done, swapping tools, and talking shop for a couple hours.  I love having him as part of my life.  It's one of the best things about New York.

The weather has finally turned to summer.  We have the AC set for 75, and I hope it can keep up.  It's syupposed to be 90 today, high 80s tomorrow, cooling to mid-70s next week, but then it'll get hooter, I'm sure.  The forest is alive with birds all day long, and soon the cicadas will emerge and change the whole landscape.

3 weeks left of school for the kids, and they can't wait.  Life is good.

No comments: