Tuesday, May 28, 2013

#152 - Filming the Lewis and Clark expedition - May 28, 2013

Cool thing from the last 24hrs: got to play Charbonneau the explorer in Aria's school film project about Lewis and Clark.  Learned that Charbonneau was Sacagawea's husband.  Had a blast speaking French and Japanese (should have been Ihatsu, but the audience won't know the difference) and coaching one of the boys on how to pronounce French appropriately.  I hadn't realized that the entire expedition, they played telephone: Sacagawea to Charbonneau to Labiche to Lewis and Clark.  Wow.  How much more could she have taught them if they had treated her as an equal and didn't have all the interpreters in the way?

After filming, we wandered the towns looking for donuts.  Eventually we found them at Hannaford, then went home and spent some time in the pool.  It's gradually warming and becoming very clear.  It was crystal clear before we swam in it and stirred up some of the gunk in the bottom.  It also seems clear to me that we have a broken line coming from the pool to the filter.  We lose a lot of water every time I run the filter, and it's getting worse.  The jets don't seem to be spewing dirt, so it's either the pool drain or the skimmer line.  I'll have to filter with each alone so I know which one has the problem.  I suspect it's the drain line, which could be a huge "I don't want to think about it until we replace the pool liner" endeavor or a "let's dig near the filter unit and see if we get lucky" endeavor.  No idea which it might be.

The girls leave soon, and the boys will stay with my brother for a couple nights after they go.  Looking forward to a weekend away with my sweetie.  And the van broke.  I think it's the same fuse assembly that my dad and I repaired a few years ago.  This time I'll get a new one - they're only $47 new and I'm not confident I can repair this one correctly myself anyway.  But Christian and I may explore the local junk yards first, just for fun.  Christian mowed the lawn for the first time today.  Looks much nicer.


No comments: