Sunday, May 26, 2013

#150 - Back to the daily - May 26, 2013

So I don't blog regularly, and my excuse is that it takes an hour, and when do I have an hour for this when so much else needs doing?

My answer, finally, is: don't take an hour, idiot!

So when I have an hour, fine, I'll use it.  But I'll take a few minutes each day at least, and I'll try to have a little structure as well.

First: I have started working out again, and this time I'm using the treadmill for cardio instead of the bike.  It's  much more enjoyable than I expected.  Yesterday I did 0.5 mile in 6:14, this morning was 0.75 in 8:14.  I'd like to get this to a couple miles a day, we'll see how that works out.  I've started strength training, too, but that will take a bit to work up to a milestone (beyond the fact that I started).

My goal with this is to lose the spare tire.  I don't have a specific weight goal, but somewhere in the 210 range is my target.  Depends on how much muscle I get in the process, since this is a new way of weight control for me.

Cute thing from the last 24 hrs: I'm in the kitchen making oatmeal and Jake is at the table reading the front of the Honey Nut Cheerios box.  I think I hear him say, "Whole Brain Oats".  Turns out he said "Oil Grain Oats", and then I that "oil" was actually "whole" and showed him where the ingredient list was on the box.

The driveway is completely a leafy green canopy.  I need to do some serious tree trimming.  And the pool is finally completely clear.  There's still junk on the bottom, which is going to take me a month to clear, but the water is very nice (and cold!).

And that's it for today!  When I blog from work, I'll add pics, since I sync my phone on my work computer.

No comments: