Thursday, August 23, 2012

#81 - Clear water! Pool! Fire! - Aug 22, 2012


Work was better again.  I spent almost all day working on old and longer-term projects.  Weird how office work has to happen to help physical work happen in the fab.  Something as mundane as fixing a time card issue can help a worker’s productivity.  And documenting a worker’s performance can help with all sorts of things for the future. 

The day ended a little early, and as the day was perfect, I got in the pool as soon as I got home.  The kids joined me, and Katrina had ordered pizza delivered.  The salt had fixed the water softener, and the water was quite noticeably tastier.  And the dishes came out of the dishwasher completely clean.  Dad had been busy again.  He got the pressure washer working, moved the old gross fridge out of the garage and put our freezer where it belongs.  He and Katrina had worked out the final layout of the pantry we’re going to frame in the garage. 

After dinner, I lit the fire up, and consumed a large pile of cardboard and one huge box of packing paper.  Dad came out with me, and we talked about politics and history for a couple hours.  I have another session or 2 out there at the fire pit, and then that mess will be cleaned up.

I’m starting to put things on my list to do inside the house during the winter.  Not having to think about the outside in the winter will be great: do my pruning, and then nothing until Spring.  So I can do things like adding a receptacle and light switch to Aria’s extra room, cleaning and painting the interior of the garage, maybe taking care of the deck.  I can go through the boxes of junk in the basement, sort and toss things.  It will be so very nice.  

No comments: