Thursday, August 23, 2012

#79 - The avalanche starts to clear - Aug 20, 2012


Last week for work I walked into a very busy work situation, with several machines that had been broken for a while.  In that case, both us and the customer put extra focus on them, and that takes time.  So last week I was able to keep afloat (barely).  A few machines came up over the weekend, and today we were down to 1 really important machine. 
With my boss, comanager, and the tech support manager out on vacation, it was my responsibility to move it forward.  So I put a lot of personal focus on it, and by the end of the day we felt like we had a much better handle on the problem.  When I left, we had some actions to take, and we were waiting for some data from the customer.
It was a long day – about 12 hours at the office, and another hour at home to finish a report and send it out.  But tomorrow is going to be much better.
When I got home, I found that dad had been busy.  The cardboard was out of the garage, and he had found and put together the pressure washer.  He had made good progress on the grill as well.  We ate dinner soon after I got home.  Katrina had made baked chicken and roasted potatoes.  Totally tasty.  We ate, and then I went to bed.  I needed to recover some sleep.

Random pic: Katrina liked this naughty knotty tree near Lake Minnewaska.

No comments: