Saturday, July 7, 2012

#34 - A Second Monday - July 5, 2012

Today was Thursday, of course.  And a work day, of course.  So after paying no attention to work at all yesterday, I found myself having to catch up again.  On the bright side, both the customer and us have a ton of people on vacation.  So after a couple hours of the normal routine, I was able to hunker down and work on something that has been on my to-do list for a few months.  My boss was going to teach me how to do it, but she had to take off for something urgent.

So I told her I would give it a go and send it to her later.  It took me most of the day, but at the end I had a good product and I sent it out.  I also met with my banker.  There was a mix up of some retirement funds, and she helped me fix it. 

Then I went home.  I read a little of Time.  There was a good article on the military's power in Egypt, despite the recent election of Egypt's first president.  The family was still gone at 8, so I went to my room and conked out.  I slept well.

Random pic for today is from earlier in the week.  I had occasion to go to dowtown Wappinger's Falls.  Like New Paltz, it's pretty, old, and quaint.  As far as weird public works projects goes, I think this is my winner.  I don't know what the pipe is for, but it sure is large.  It goes along Wappinger's Creek, then crosses at the bridge, then crosses Wappinger's creek again.  The creek is beautiful, by the way.

No comments: