Saturday, March 12, 2011

Glenn Family History, First Edition

So I've been working on the Sults, my great-grandmother's parents and immediate family. I thought, "What about Joel P Glenn, my grandma's dad?" So I Googled his name and Idaho. And immediately there was a page about him. Turns out the guy who lives in the house Joel built in 1910 is a big history guy in Council, Idaho. And he's published stuff.

So Joel went byJoe. He was a good singer. A bass, it seems. He and Cora Belle built a house in 1910 and lived there until 1924, when they sold it and moved to Toledo, Oregon. It's a few miles inland from Newport. I don't know why. Maybe feeding their 14 kids and keeping them sane all winter in a 24' x 24' house proved too much for them. "Let's go somewhere where we can let them play outside all winter, Cora." "Sure thing, Joe. I'll stop sharpening the butcher knife now. I won't be needing it after all." "That's good, dear."

Back to digitizing documents now - double-checking dates and names from hand-written records so I can roll it all up into something easy to digest.

Also - Sult update - I found where JT and Ann's homestead was. It's on the corner of Nasi Ln and Farm to Market Road between Roseberry and Donnelly. That creek right there is Boulder Creek.

No comments: