Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'm 34 today. Happy Life to Me.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

No, Manny, not ready for AARP.  I do remember when the VIC-20 came out, and the Walkman, too.  I watched The Muppet Show, Buck Rogers, The A Team, The Cosby Show, Blue Thunder, Battlestar Galactica and The Great Space Coaster before they were in reruns.  The Brady Bunch, Star Trek, and Speed Racer were on network TV.  

34 is a good age for me.  This year has been my single greatest year for personal growth since I was 16.  Lots on introspection and gut checks going on, and I'm a much better guy for being compelled to go through that.  

My life would not be complete with my birthday partner, Katrina (she's 29 today!!!!  Ha!!!!).  She puts the light in my attic, chases the bats from my belfry, puts new sidewalk down when the sidewalk ends, regularly beats me at board games, kindly allows me to beat her at Scramble from time to time, puts the spice in my girl and the fruit in my cake.  She's incredible and awesome and a whole bunch of really complimentary words that haven't been invented in English, but should be.

Thanks for your friendship, and for taking the time out of your days to wish me well.  It really does mean something to me.  

No comments: