Thursday, May 1, 2014

May 1, 2014 - A quick update

The natural environment at my house is fascinating.  It is May 1, and just yesterday I saw the first green leaves opening up on the trees in our driveway.  And we have buds on the large shrub in our turnaround as well.

In other news, our house is marginally quieter.  We have had my parents and Katrina's parents in and out of the house for the past 3 weeks, and they are all gone for now.  Katrina's parents flew home yesterday, and mine are in Tennessee for a week.  They're coming back next Thursday, will stay for the weekend, and then drive home.

During that timeframe, Christian has received the Aaronic Priesthood and serves as a deacon in the ward.  Jacob received baptism.  Much Uno and Skip-Bo was played, tickling ensued, birthday cakes were eaten, movies watched, and fun had.  Now it's back to the grindstone - school, homework, and activities galore.

For the next couple days, our family's plan looks like this: tonight, I'm going to see my first MLB game ever.  The Yankees are playing the Mariners.  Tomorrow night, Katrina is out on a girls night.  Saturday I'm driving to the Manhattan Temple with Aria, Christian, and a bunch of other teenagers.  Saturday night we're going to hit the Drive In.  I don't know if we're going to take everyone to see Muppets Most Wanted and Captain America 2, or Katrina and I will go see Amazing Spiderman 2 and another one on a date.

More musings later.  Now I must work.


No comments: