Monday, October 28, 2013

#200 - Ducks Review - October 27, 2013

Cool thing: Directed the church choir for a large audience.  They were awesome.  We did "Jesus, Once of Humble Birth".  It's a beautiful arrangement, and the choir was really wonderful in delivering the message.

It's been a nice few weeks since my last entry.  A couple highlights: the U of O Ducks (my alma mater) are now 8-0, ranked #2, and as long as we beat #5 Stanford next week, we'll be in the national championship game for the 2nd time in 4 years.  The Ducks delivered a beat-down on #12 UCLA this weekend, scoring 28 unanswered points in the 2nd half for another lopsided win.

I spent a couple days in Boston this week for work at a Japanese Intercultural Awareness class.  I saw the class announcement pop up a few weeks ago, sent our HR person a note asking if I could assist, and she set me up with the consultants who were coming in to deliver the material.  I went, learned some things, and tried to contribute a reasonable amount of things to the class.  It was a great opportunity for several reasons.  First, I got to do something a little different, and that is usually fun.  Second, I was able to interact with and assist people at 2 sister companies, which might be useful in the future.  Third, I realized that I could totally do the consultant thing someday.  Maybe, when the kids are all gone, I'll try to get in somewhere like that.  Who knows?  It could be with these people.

We all (plus one of Aria's friends) got in the van and went to assist on an Eagle Scout project on Saturday morning.  There was a cemetery that was completely overgrown, and we cleared it out.  We found out that even local residents who had lived there for 30 years had not known it was there.  Now it's very obviously a cemetery, and the first step is done.  It will need another round in the spring.  Here are Aria and Libby, heading back in after delivering a load of sticks to the chipper.






We all went to my brother's house for our own football civil war on Saturday.  The Ducks' mascot does pushups every time the team scores.  He does the new score amount, so when the score went to 28, he did 28.  After the next score, he did 35.  Christian decided to follow suit (he's actually doing a lot of fitness stuff, which is totally cool), and got my brother and Jake to do it with him.  Great evening.



No comments: