Thursday, October 18, 2012

#134 – Reading in the Autumn rain - October 15, 2012


Monday.

It rained all day today.  A hard, uncompromising downpour.  On my way home from work, I stopped twice to pick up garbage in the middle of the road that was making cars swerve.  I got home, soaked to the skin in my purple shirt. 

I spent the evening finishing “Uglies”.  A good book – some kissing and hugging, but not too much.  Certainly not too much for a teenage girl.  It certainly was interesting and a little offensive to hear the characters talk about one girl stealing the other’s boyfriend.  As if you can steal a person.  I have never understood that dynamic.  If you’re married, sure.  If you’re not even engaged?  In that case, nobody has made a commitment.  Fair game.  And it was not even intentional.

It was a warm evening, so at first I sat on the porch, reading with the rain stripping the leaves off the trees.  After dinner it was too cold for that, so I settled into the recliner by the fire and read there as the rain beat down on the skylight.

A very simple day.  I did not accomplish anything special today – a normal day at work, and a relaxing evening.  My back was sore all day, probably due to the lumberjacking on Saturday and Sunday.  So taking the evening off was logical and extremely enjoyable.

As an important side note, Katrina has been awesome the past few weeks.  I’ve been focused on building and home maintenance.  After I did a full weekend of laundry with our louse problem, I haven’t done a single load, but Katrina has been making progress every day.  She has planned and made meals for the most part.  I made tuna melts tonight, but she has been putting everything else together.  So I’ve been free to accomplish things.  It has made my progress on these projects much faster, and has encouraged me to get them done. 
Thanks, babe.  You’re the best.


No comments: